Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Here I am!


My first training blog post! Yay! Okay, so I haven’t gone to an official training session yet. I’m fighting some nasty allergy issues that I’m trying to resolve with my ENT. I think we have it down and I hope to attend the track session on Monday provided my wheezing cough has really gone away. I did, however, do to my first non-official walk/run the other night. Back in February when I was hitting the gym a lot I was running up to 1.5 miles without having to stop to walk for a short period. Unfortunately when I ran the other day, it was not even close to that! Yikes. I’m sure much has to do with the allergy outbreak but I also know I’m out of shape. I aim to fix that.

I am really excited to being part of Team in Training. As many of you know, my brother was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma when he was 9 years old. He will be celebrating his 32nd birthday this year much in part to the fantastic research funding provided by groups like the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Here’s a hot picture of me in my TNT shirt after my run. I know you’re all jealous of my obvious physical prowess. :-)

No comments: